Participate in a great Woodstown tradition and show your community spirit by entering the Woodstown Fall Festival Scarecrow Competition. All businesses, groups, and individuals are encouraged to decorate a scarecrow that will be displayed throughout Woodstown during the fall season. We have over 100 scarecrow frames for decorating each year.
DOWNLOAD THE FORMS HERE! Pamphlet Guidelines Flyer
Scarecrow Competition and Display
September 29 through October 31
Winners will be announced on the day of the festival at 1:30pm at the main stage of the festival, located on South Main St.
Use your imagination to select a theme for your scarecrow. You may choose a traditional, contemporary or humorous theme.
- Youth (17 years of age or younger, group or individual)
- Most Original
- Mayor's Choice
- Best of Show - $200
- First Prize - $100
- Second Prize - $50
- Third Prize - Gift
- Most Original - Gift
- Harvest - Gift
- Mayor's Choice - Gift
Judging will start at approx. 5pm on Friday, September 29, 2017.
Creating Your Scarecrow
Guidelines, Suggestions and Requirements
- Use your most creative ideas within the bounds of acceptable public display (no sexuality or profanity). Remember, this is a community celebration. The goal is to generate goodwill and a festive atmosphere. Political, profane and overly graphic displays are not permitted. The festival committee will remove any scarecrow deemed offensive.
- Secure scarecrow frames to assigned lamppost with zip ties provided by the scarecrow committee. You are responsible for getting your creation to the correct post before 5PM sharp on Friday, September 29. The earliest you may set up your scarecrow is the Thursday before the festival. Judging will start at 5PM the Friday before the festival.
- Please construct your scarecrow for durability. We do not want your hard work blowing around town or wilting after the first rain. You may want to use chicken wire, corn husks and stalks, straw, rubber foam and other lasting products that will hold their shape after repeated wind and rain. Your scarecrow will be on display from the Friday night before the festival through October 31.
- All accessories must be securely attached to the scarecrow/post. Please make sure that accessories do not extend in such a way as to be hazardous to pedestrians or parked cars.
- DO NOT alter the scarecrow frame (they will be reused annually), but you may attach items to the frame as part of your creation.
- After October 31, creators must remove their decorations and stuffing. Please leave the frame attached to the lamppost as it will be removed and stored by members of the committee. The committee will dispose of any materials remaining on the scarecrow frame the first Saturday in November.
Last Saturday in September!